Grant Opportunities from the Gates Foundation – Solving global health and development problems tor those most i need
Below are links to read about new grant opportunities and grants awarded from the Gates Foundation and information on an upcoming Keystone Symposia conference in the Global Health series.
Grant Opportunities from the Gates Foundation
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has launched four requests for proposals through the Grand Challenges Global Call-to-Action, inaugurating this new member of the Grand Challenges family of initiatives, and one request for proposals through Grand Challenges, building on an earlier program. Please check the website at the links below for the application deadlines and more information.
- Building Malaria Modeling Capacity in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Digital Health Services for Pregnant Women to Support Antenatal Risk Stratification in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Innovations in Eliminating Neglected Tropical Diseases
- Strengthening Data Science Capacity and the Ecosystem: Enable Data-Centered Public Health Interventions
- Metagenomic Next Generation Sequencing to Detect, Identify, and Characterize Pathogens
Grand Challenges Grants Awarded
Grand Challenges grants have been awarded for the programs below, including the Calestous Juma Science Leadership Fellowship that seeks to support African scientific leaders doing transformational research and a collaborative community of practice around this partnership. Please use the links on each challenge web page to read summaries of the grants awarded.
- Calestous Juma Science Leadership Fellowship
- Global Immunology and Immune Sequencing for Epidemic Response (GIISER) Sites in Africa
- Covid-19 Pathogen Genomic Sequencing (PGS) in Africa
- 2020 Grand Challenges Annual Meeting Call-to-Action
- Integrating Tradition and Technology for Fermented Foods for Maternal Nutrition
- Smart Farming Innovations for Small-Scale Producers
- Grand Challenges Africa: Drug Discovery
Keystone Symposia Global Health Series conference
- Global Priorities in Vaginal Health: Microbes, Mucosal Immunity and Interventions – registration available until the start of the event – November 10, 2021
Perspective on COVID-19
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation continues to work with the public and private sectors in the global response to COVID-19. To learn more about the foundations broader work and how COVID-19 is being addressed across the foundation, please visit the foundations website and also sign-up for The Optimist newsletter.
Grand Challenges Partnership Network
We invite you to read summaries of the grants awarded to date through Grand Challenges initiatives with the Gates Foundation as funder or co-funder and to explore an interactive world map of projects across the broader Grand Challenges funding partner network. This map is filling in over time, increasingly with locally led programs in the countries most affected by global health inequities.
And if you were forwarded this message, please sign up on our Grand Challenges website for email updates with the latest opportunities to apply for a grant.
Wishing you and those close to you all the best,
The Global Partnerships & Grand Challenges team
Visit our Grand Challenges website