PRÊMIO PESQUISADOR SÊNIOR DA SBMT MEDALHA DO MÉRITO CIENTÍFICO CARLOS CHAGAS
The President of the Brazilian Society of Tropical Medicine, Prof. Dr. Marcus Lacerda constituted the Premio Carlos Chagas Commission, 2016 edition, for the selection for the SBTM Senior Researcher Award, by granting, for the first time, the Medalha do Mérito Científico Carlos Chagas (Carlos Chagas Science Merit Medal).
The commission will be formed by the four last BSTM presidents. This year, the current president, Prof. Dr. Marcus Lacerda will be replaced by his vice-president, Dr. Sinval Brandão, due to his many activities involved with the congress’ organization. This way, the commission is formed by the following members:
- Carlos Henrique Nery Costa – president.
- Maria Aparecida Shikanai-Yasuda.
- Mitermayer Galvão dos Reis.
- Sinval Pinto Brandão Filho.
The commission president will have a tie-breaking authority.
The commission has decided that the choice will follow two stages:
- Nominations by the BSTM members;
- Choice of the granted scientist by the Commission.
- Exceptional scientific production within the Tropical Medicine field;
- Have developed relevant scientific production while working in Brazil;
- Have developed important roles training human resources in Tropical Medicine (stricto sensu and lato sensu).
- Have developed works which resulted in benefits to the academic society and general population;
- Be over 70 years of age;
- Not be part of the BSTM board;
- Not have been awarded in prior editions;
- The nominations are restricted to members even with their BSTM financial responsibilities;
- The election of the nominee does not depend on the number of nominations.
|Stage||Procedure||Begin date||End date|
|I||Notice in the medias||01/07/2016||30/07/2016|
|II||Official launch (in the newsletter)||15/07/2016||–|
|III||Nomination of BSTM members||16/07/2016||30/08/2016|
|IV||Choice of the winner by the commission||01/08/2016||07/08/2016|
|V||Notification to the winner||08/08/2016||–|
Procedures to nominate candidates for the Medalha do Mérito Científico Carlos Chagas:
- The nominations will be open from June 16 to 30, 2016.
- For each nomination, a form available HERE must be filled;
- The filled forms must be saved by the proponent and then sent.
- The e-mail address to forward the form is premiopesquisadorsenior@localhost from July 16 to 30, 2016.
- Each nomination bust be mailed from the nominator’s personal or institutional e-mail account.
- The receipt of the nominations will be confirmed by the BSTM by e-mail.
- The announcement of the name and grant of the medal will happen during the opening ceremony of the 52nd Congress of the Brazilian Society of Tropical Medicine, on August 21, 2016, in Maceió, Alagoas.